Tuesday 15 November 2016

Fun Ride Tasik Raban! :D

Fun Ride Tasik Raban


On 13th November 2016, me and my 9 other friends participated in Fun Ride Tasik Raban. At first, I have doubt in entering this ride because I think sleeping on the weekend is way more interesting than letting myself burn under the sun. Unfortunately, Ayda managed to convince me to join this and there I was, cycling :P

Before Fun Ride


Around 7 am, we cycle from KKTM Lenggong to Tasik Raban. Actually, I have no experience in cycling a mountain bike before, I just learned about the gears and so on that morning from a 9-year-old boy hahaha. I set a target for myself that morning because I know I will not manage to finish all 45 km. My goal was to cycle 30 km ( because we pay RM30 for the registration  ) so whatever happens, I will make sure I (at least) achieve my target!


The ride was fun even though I was half dead. I managed to cycle about 32 km ( the rest, I was on the lorry hahahah). Thanks to Naz, who motivated me during the ride (especially when it came to cycling uphill ). If Naz wasn’t there giving me support, I think I would have given up earlier. However, I asked Naz to go first as I was so slow and nearly die. :P

After Naz left me, I cycled alone (in a rural place, no house, no shop, just trees) and as an over think person, I imagined many negative things huhu. I thought if a thief comes out from the bush and try to rob me what should I do? I only have RM 15 that time and it’s not worth at all to rob me ;D Suddenly, someone sneezed. I was so shock hahaha but nothing happened, I think maybe there was someone in the wood.

As I continue cycling, a cyclist from Taiping greeted me and cycled with me. We had some simple chat before he went to other kids and give support to them. His friend, who is also from Taiping, was so generous! He cycled back and forth just to motivate and help the kids cycle faster by pushing them from the back. I was so touched by his action because he did not think about winning or losing,he just wanted to help the novice in to be more interested in cycling.


There was one point that I felt like giving up so, me and KC stopped with some other kids, waiting for the lorry. The, a volunteer came and said we were about 1 to 2 km to the finishing line. Suddenly I have the energy to cycle again. Plus,  I encouraged the kids to finish the 2 km too. I was like “ Let’s go 2 km left we can do this I have faith in you guys blablabla” . Then,after cycling about 5 km, we did not even reach Pekan Lenggong. As I did not live in Lenggong, I'm not too familiar with the names of the villages. So, when I see Kg Gelok, Kg Gua Badak and so on, I actually have no idea where I was and how far was Tasik Raban from that Kampung. So I keep cycling until Pekan Lenngong.

I saw another volunteer and asked him “ Is Tasik Raban still far? “ and he said about 15 km.  I was demotivated by the statement and realized that I have been fooled by others hahahahaha. But thanks to them, at least they have boosted my spirit to cycle on the first place. So, I stopped by a shop and bought some water for myself and the kids. And there I was, on the lorry with the kids that I have motivated before hahahahahahah XD 


Still remember the kid that taught me about the gears before the ride? He waited for me and saw me on the lorry. He came to me and said “ Ahahaha naik lori?” T_T hahaha what a shame to lose over a small kid. Anyway, I was so happy to be able to spend the weekend productively!

After Fun Ride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment