Sunday 15 May 2016

Book Review : Success


So this week I choose to read a motivational book by John C. Maxwell about success. Honestly, I am not a good reader and easily get bored with reading,but starting today I'll try my best to read more books and share the information that I get thru reading so that I can improve myself because I strongly believe that a leader is a reader.

A leader is a reader

You get me? Even we are not a leader to a community,we are the leader for ourselves. So, read! Recite and understand Al- Quran and read more books so that we will become better and better than we were yesterday.


So about the book that I have read about 40 pages out of 118 pages (sorry I am still a beginner) what I can conclude is that people define success differently. For example :

The wealth of Bill Gates,
the physique of Arnold Schwarzenegger
(or Marilyn Monroe),
the intelligence of Albert Einstein,
the athletic ability of Michael Jordan,
the business prowess of Donald Trump,
the social grace and poise of Jackie Kennedy,
the imagination of Walt Disney

Success 101 , John  C. Maxwell , page 3 and 4

Well all the above statements are not the real definition of success. We are just admitting that they are better than us. Many people picture success as looking like others than being who we are. For instance, 

 " I want to be a billionaire like Bill Gates "

Come on! We are created individually. Stop saying I want to be like that person or this man. We are all unique in different ways. The writer had discovered the true meaning of success which is 

Knowing your purpose in life,
Growing to reach your maximum potential, and
Sowing seeds that benefit others

Success 101 , John C. Maxwell , page 5

Growing to reach your maximum potential

I would like to highlight this statement. Why? It is said that we can do anything, but we cannot do everything. The main point here is to know your own potential! We cannot master in everything,so why not we focus on one thing,master in it and success in it? Don't let others decide the agenda for you or you will become a jack-of-all-trades,master of none. 


So, find your potential now! Every single of us has our own potential - its either we grow it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment