Sunday 24 July 2016

Vocabulary ( Theme : Difficult )

Other ways to say : DIFFICULT

1. Hard 
Meaning : difficult, not easy
Example : I don't think I did well on the test. It was hard!

2. Strenuous
Meaning : requiring great energy and effort
Example : I hope you are in good shape because the climb up this mountain is strenuous.

3. Onerous
Meaning : difficult and unpleasant to do or deal with
Example : Whenever I have an onerous task to do,I procrastinate.

4. Formidable
Meaning : very difficult to deal with
Example : This project might seem formidable,but we believe you will succeed.

5. Tough
Meaning : very difficult to do or deal with
Example : He had a tough time during his first year of college.He almost quit.

6. Arduous
Meaning : very difficult
Example : After years of arduous stduy,she finally become a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment